Monday, March 3, 2008

Nobody's got the Herb???

Wow what a jam(b) packed weekend! Friday knight I got to experience Rock Band for the first time. It was fun, but we couldn't get the microphone to work. My main beef with Rock Band is the same one that I had with Guitar Hero, the difference between medium and hard is bigger than Brian's... sideyard. Some good songs, some bad ones, but I guess I would give it a 7 out of 10. Saturday was great, the second bi-annual poker tournament was held at Mikey's house. Some people at the event need to be thanked... Mainly the other 16 people who played, thanks for your money, and finally Bobby Frisch... thanks for all your poker chips! If anyone wants to come over Tuesday and play MLB 08 The Show, paid for in part with your money, you know where I am, the wife will be gone.

This brings me to last knight which was kind of a disappointment on a few different levels. So J, Dunner and myself head up to Oxford for the aformentioned 311 concert, with "high" expectations as usual. The first disappointment was the sound quality. I guess Miami doesn't host a ton of concerts so their equipment is not the greatest in the world, the vocals kept cutting out, and the bass just sounded like one long note the entire time. Imagine holding a plastic cup up to your ear and have someone fart on the outside of it, that's how it sounded. The second and most hugest disappoinment was the fact the we did not even smell a whiff of weed until therewas one song left! WTF man, you are at a 311 concert people, fire up a fatty! Until last knight I was pretty sure the J, Eric and myself were the only 311 fans who didn't smoke the Bubonic, but last knight we met 5,000 more! The funniest part for myself was when I was crunching some numbers in my head while they were playing "Down" which I know many see as 311's only song, but believe it or not they did make more songs. I figured that if the average age of the crowd was 21 (that's on the high end) that they were screaming at the top of their lungs for a song that was written when they were... 8 YEARS OLD!!! Holy crap where has my life gone? It seems like just yeaterday I found this "new band" called three one one, and was introducing it to my new friend "Rusty" (Jason Towe). That was a defining moment in my life when I figured out how old I am.

When did you first realize that you are an old fart?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i realize it everyday in class when i quote the classics, tommy boy, happy gilmore, waynes world, billy madison, etc and they have no idea what i am talking about. the only things they know from my childhood are fresh prince and boy meets world, so i will at least give them credit for that.
--ian

Anonymous said...

Every day.... mostly when I relaize Conners turning 6 in a month!!! Oh and when Conner knows how to spell better then me already... dang it :o)

DJ Hotlunch said...

For real, Jay Bruce's birthday is 4/3/87! You wanna know what I was doing that day? Learning how to read! There is a small, rat-tailed semi-reading, bilangual (good looking for a 7 year old) child between Jay Bruce and myself.