Monday, May 5, 2008

Jay Silver = Luckiest Bastard on Earth!


I typed in Black Jack and got a bunch of Jack Black pictures, this was my favorite one.


Wow what a great weekend, Friday knight we watched Aly while Brian and Minders were busy being appreciated by YoungLife. Let's just say uncle Brad got PLAYED! We walk into the shoe store to pickup Lindsey's shoes for her brother's wedding, and Aly's eyes light up. After she tells me how "Daddy lost her pink frip frops" she tries on some cute ones, and lets me know in her cutest voice "you can buy em'". Snap, done deal, 30 seconds later they are on her feet.

Saturday knight was the 105th annual Northwest Monte Carlo Knight! I never do this event justice and forget how much fun I have every year. There's not too many alums that go, so it is not typically an akward event. My favorite part every year is playing Black Jack with my boy Jay Silver! I love that guy, even if he dragged my off the football field by my face mask in 7th grade. So at the table we have (clockwise) Jay Silver, Me, Hamrick, Mikey, B, and the Priest (at the end of the Knight). Jay spends the knight telling funny stories about teachers and students, all the while dropping Black Jack after Black Jack, just raking in the chips. After he has gotten 6 Black Jacks in like an hour (I had 1 all knight) he goes up front to take his place as horse #1 in the faculty horse race. Not only does he win the race going away, but he also got another Black Jack while he was up there (he told me to keep him in the card game while he was up there). Then he sits down and buys a raffle card for a dollar and wins $25 a minute later. At this point he looks at me and says he brought $50 to basically donate to the school, and he had $135 in his pocket. Who makes 85 bucks playing $1 per hand Black Jack? Jay f'ing Silver that's who! Although Jay had a good knight, the best play was by far made by me, I split deuces, not once but three times... And won all 4 hands, bam, you've never done that!

Next year everyone is going, I don't care if you went to N-Dub or not, it's always fun. I walked in with 40 bucks in my wallet and walked out with the same 40 bucks, you can't beat that. I mean even a good hooker costs $27!

3 comments:

DJ Hotlunch said...

HAMRICK IS THE BIG WINNER!!! Don't forget the beer buzz that you walked out with too!

BRICKLER, THE MEATLOAF... WE WANT IT NOW!!!

MikeE said...

worst beer wench eva is Brickler!

B-Call said...

i'm sad i missed it.
can't wait til next year.
did Mr. Silver tell you i saw him a Kohl's the other week.
dude was running around there like a meth head.