Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Got It Son!


Welp I just got back from Wally World where I purchased my copy of Madden 09'. Full report to come tomorrow. I have already warned all parties at the ranch that I will be completely worthless (compared to normal days) toknight! It's Madden from the time I get home til the time I leave for softball. Every year I contemplate skipping softball to play Madden and every year I wuss out. Maybe it's because (formerly) Kirsch's Automotive is in the middle of a dare I say it... PENNANT ($2plaque) CHASE!!! We went from last season (completely defeated except once) to undefeated (oh yeah we dropped down a league). Kirsch's Auto, ala Kenyon Martin is a classic "tweener." We're just too damn sexy to play in the middle league and not good enough in the field to play in the upper.

In other sports news, There you go Reds fans quit cryin, you got your way (me included). This is why I love Cincinnati, on the radio all I have heard since 2006 is people cryin about how they need to get rid of Dunn and Jr. and start over. Guess what it happened and all you hear is people cryin about how they got rid of Dunn and Griffey (for nothing). Kwestion... What was The Jock gonna get for Dunn or Griffey? Yes Jr. is a first ballot HOF'er (haha F'er) but dude is over the hill and in the last year of his contract. The Sox aren't gonna give us their entire farm system for 2 months of Jr. We're lucky we got a middle of the road MLB reliever. And Dunn? Thanks for shoppin D-Bags I mean Backs, let me know how that works for you. Atleast Arizona fans will get to experience the joy of playing the Dunner "Home Run or K Game." I know I know "we could of gotten draft picks at the end of the year (imagine that in your whiny voice)." Clearly The Jock didn't see us doing any better with those draft picks than a 24 year old just off Tommy Johns and some names to be named later. Look Walt hasn't burned me yet so I still trust him. Plus he has that shiny diamond encrusted thing on his finger that tells me he knows what he's doing!

Finally Michael Stinkin Phelps! Why am I watching the Olympics so much? Him. dude is ridiculous, there is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said about what he's done so far. My expert analysis of his form (if you didn't know it I took 2nd place in the 200 IM at The Rolling Hills Invitational in 1987) he's gooder than everybody else! Also I swam 40 laps (at the PRF pool so actually 4 laps at a real pool) in the swim-a-thon that year. For real there is a picture of me in a Speedo somewhere in my parents house. I'll find it. What was I talking aboout? Oh yeah Phelps WATCH HIM!!! If you aren't then you are missing out on something special period! (exclamation point)

Are you watching the Olympics? What is your favorite part?

4 comments:

Nickolini said...

Phelps is unstoppable. Last night he wins gold and breaks the world record in freestyle....then goes on to set an Olympic Record in 200 fly...IN A SEMIFINAL 50 MINUTES LATER! I would be at home taking a nap if I swam more than one lap. It must be discouraging for any other swimmer just to jump in the pool with the guy. The only way he is going to be beat is if he pinches off a floater in the pool and gets kicked out. Taco, burrito, what's that comin' out of your Speedo...it's trouble....

Simon said...

Definitely the "Tiger Woods" of Swimming...

I saw a comment by a fan on ESPN today that cracked me up, it said: "Chad Johnson raced a horse, Phelps should race a shark. Maybe it will give him some competition!"

Darren said...

Tiger Woods is the "Michael Phelps" of Golf...

I can't beleive he won the fly and broke the record without being able to see the lines. Dude isn't human.

DJ Hotlunch said...

200, 100 whatever. I say suck it up with the goggles. Atleast he doesn't have the ones with the coushins on them like we all did.