Friday, January 2, 2009

Heartbroken...


Say what you will about Kerry Coombs (he's a jackass, loudmouth, whatever) dude cares about his kids. I didn't see this on tv, but when I heard about it on the radio I had tears in my eyes. Him and Goodman have been a part of eachothers lives for the past 8 years and he was there for Dom when he needed him. Kerry Coombs is a HELL of a coach and he's going places (hopefully it's with UC).

Wow what a horrible way to end a year (and start a new one)... I don't think I've been this depressed over a loss from a Cincinnati team in a long time (maybe 2005 Bengals-steelers playoff game). I guess I just didn't want them to come out and "lay an egg." Which they did and more. They played awful against an ok team. VT's offense is not good, (112th in the Nation) and UC's defense made them look like Oklahoma. I like Brian Kelly I really do, but he makes some really questionable calls sometimes. 1st and goal on the 3 and you pass the ball on 1st and 2nd down??? I believe my brother put it best in a text message during the 2nd quarter... "Run the GD ball!"

I think in order to quiet all the haters that have given them so much crap the past 5 weeks or so about how bad the Big East is and how weak of a schedule UC played and blah, blah, blah, the Bearcats had to win to not lose all that this past year accomplished. Yeah congrats you made it back to the Orange Bowl, guess what??? You got rolled up by a mediocre team! I knew it the moment they interviewed Kelly before the game and he had a HUGE smile on his face. What did he have to smile about? Bigtime coaches aren't smiling BEFORE the game, they are pissed off train wrecks and they don't smile until the have a bowl full of fake oranges at the end of the game! I really think he was just happy to be there and that was a mistake. Maybe next time (there WILL be a next time in the next 3 years) UC will treat this trip like VT did. A business trip!

No comments: