Monday, March 23, 2009

Is Cal State Northridge Still Alive?


For real where was this shirt a year ago when my wife was beginning her second career as a cart girl? I often look at lookatmeshirts.com or other funny t-shirt websites, but I am always too much of a girl to buy a shirt that I think if hilarious.

Sooooo, what did you do this weekend? Did you watch basketball? Not this guy. I had all of the excuses in the world to watch the tournament (and by THE tournament I am of course referring to the CBI), but I just simply could not make myself do it. I have a baby that does not allow us to leave the house and I instead chose many times to watch/do something else. I just can’t get into it, I don’t know if I’m just so bummed out that UC is no longer in the equation that I cannot watch basketball or what. Every time I would sit down and turn the TV on I would flip it to CBS watch about 3 minutes and switch the channel, or turn on the PS3 and continue the career of Brad Callahan, the third base prodigy for the Houston ASStros. Currently I’m a 20 year old playing for the AAA Round Rock Express, hitting .337 with 3 big flys and 9 R’sBI (I recently got called up). MLB ’09 The Show (I know I said this last year) is the best baseball game I’ve ever played. You can play an entire game in about 5 minutes real time and if you’re playing “Road To The Show” like I am, it allows you to play an entire season in a few weeks. That was always my biggest gripe with baseball games before, it takes an hour to play a game and by the time you finish your season Madden comes out the next week. This just fast forwards to your players at bats and defensive action, AND this year you can adjust the number of pitches you have to watch when another guy is batting (I always hated being on base for 3 batters (7 pitches a piece) after I singled, only to have Edwin Encarnacion pop one up the elevator shaft). Now it’s like 2 pitches per batter before they pop out or get a hit. Awesome.

Also in my attempt to avoid basketball yesterday I stumbled upon “Band of Brothers.” It was the episode when they discover the concentration camps. That show ALWAYS hooks me. No matter how many times I’ve seen the episode I always have to finish it, if I have to go somewhere I’ll DVR it. I’m not a history guy like my brother, but they just did such a great job with that whole miniseries. The only other show that I can jump in on and watch every time is Sopranos. I didn’t think it would be as good on A & E, but they do a good job of editing without taking too much from the show.

2 comments:

Justin Hall said...

if you want to see what A&E got rid of, check out this insane video. absolutely not safe for work, but hilarious

DJ Hotlunch said...

Awesome. I could only watch 60 seconds, roughly the point where Tony says, F me Larry. I also love the escalating F's in Dr. Melfi's office which ultimitely lead to one loud F!