Tuesday, September 16, 2008

SNOW DAY!!!



I have never been one to question those who work for our local schools and the amount of hours they work. Deep down I wish I were them and picked a vocation where I can have a day off if it snows 1/2 an inch (or sometimes in Ian's case, no snow at all). When it snows and the wifes phone rings at 5 am I just roll my eyes and wish that it were my alarm clock that she was turning off. Well yesterday I got that wish! Got the call that we had no power at the office and I had the day off. Honestly I wish I could say I made the most of the day and it was glorious, but I cannot. Here is what I did yesterday:
7:00- Got the call that we were off work. Filled the generator with gas and went back to sleep.
9:30- Got out of bed and ate some Mini Wheats.
12 noon- Topped off the generator and headed over to the new house to see how things looked.
1- Waited in line at Wendy's for 45 minutes for a bad baked potato and a Frosty Float (subpar, but still delicious)
2- Rode shotgun as my dad performed the DICKMOVE of the Century! He was that guy! He didn't wait his turn at a powerless stoplight and snuck through the intersection behind another car. No less than 73 horns blew at the same time.
3- We arrived at Lowes to purchase one of the last 3 propane tanks. I took over driving duties and had to move dad's gun off the drivers seat! That's right he's strapping up if you see him!
5- I begin doing home improvements to mom and dads house. I nail some aluminum back up and screw in some gutter. Then as I have my tools out I got suckered into hanging some art on the deck. WTF!
7- I settle down to have my grilled pork chop, it was ok. Better than spam I guess.
8- As mom and dad ventured to Krogers for more food (they were not successful) I took my first ever WHORES BATH! That's right heated up some water on the grill and squatted in the bathtub over a 5 gallon bucket of water.
10- Fill generator, Nappy time.

That was it. I really though it was gonna be more exciting than that, but it was not. Please God let our power be restored. I really can't stand not playing 8 year olds in Madden online.

7 comments:

Megan said...

no school tomorrow either. we have used 3 of our calamity days and its not even october yet. heres to no summer vacation!!!
ian

Darren said...

Mason only got one day off. My work didn't get any. That is some BS. Meanwhile, I think UnFairfield and Lakota are going on 12 days off in a row.

Darren said...

And that is why some of Ian's kids think the US is a continent, Kentucky is a city, and Canada is one of our states.

Nickolini said...

Canada is a state....a state of mind.

Nickolini said...

And Fairfield kids must be pretty smart to know about: Kentucky, IL; Kentucky, AR; and Kentucky, MI.

Anonymous said...

Symmes had Monday and Tuesday off... by wed I was ready for Conner to go back to school... he had every kid in the neighborhood in here! We are THAT house! lol

Simon said...

Screw you jerk! No videos = unhappy Fred...