Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Ball(s) is (are) Tipped!



OK so raise your hand if you watched the end of the NCAA Title game Monday knight. I know your hand is at your side right now. This would be the part where I complain about what time the game got over last knight, but you can't do that if you have no clue what time it ended. I think the worst part of my knight was when I realized that my Monday shows were on CBS and were not gonna be on. I would rather watch 4 geeks try to hook up with John Ritter's hot daughter than the NCAA Title Game! I'm sorry, but lately I just have no interest in NCAA basketball, maybe it's the fact that although it has been remodeled they still play for the worst trophy ever! My 1988 PRF Hit-A-Thon (that's right I'm the Man!) looks more prestigeous than that chunk of wood. So as I was thinking of my displeasure for the NCAA Title game, I started to think of Championship Events that I love so here you go, my top 10.

1. Super Bowl, predictable I know, but still nothing compares.
2. Baseball in October (and sometimes November) is the best time to watch games that you would otherwise have no interest in.
3. Any Golf Major (especially the Masters) is exciting to watch and greatly anticipated in my house. Note**If Tiger is in contention this event will go to 1A.
4. College Baseball World Series, 2 words OMAHA! Damn! If you have never followed the CBWS it is baseball at it's finest, even with the ping of the aluminum bat.
5. BCS Championship game, although it has been watered down in recent history by 100 meaningless bowl games and OSU shortcomings, I still look forward to the game.
6. NCAA Hockey Tournament, maybe it's just my latest bandwagon jumping of Miami's hockey tournament, but all the games I watched this year had me on the edge of my seat (couch).
7. Jim Rome's smack off, which is coming up. There is no better radio event than a bunch of losers searching for the approval of an arrogant jackass, whom I love!
8. NHL Playoffs, although I rarely watch the NHL, when I was into this sport there was nothing better than me and my brother staying up until 2 am on a school knight to watch a 4 overtime game won on a freak tip in between the Maple Leafs and Flyers.
9. NBA Playoffs, I guess I have to list this since it once had relevance.
10. National Spelling Bee on ESPN2, who doesn't love an 11 year old Chinese kid passing out at the mic after 15 minutes of deliberation over a word no one watching on TV had even heard of.

That's my list, it is right so there is no need for you to attempt to correct it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, that pictures is NASTY and I can't even stand looking it. It's not even the raunch I don't like in the picture, it's the NAST!!! Please don't subject your fellow readers to looking at it. I never comment and this deserved a comment......
-wife-

DJ Hotlunch said...

That was the comment I was looking for... Maybe if you were grossed out enough to never look at the blog again I could talk (complain) about you on this thing.

B-Call said...

that picture is gross, yo. what did you type into google to find that?
where's the World Cup? the WC is better than half the stuff on that list.
and the game was great. you missed out. i think it got over between 23:30 and midknight. overall, the tournament kind of sucked this year and didn't live up to the hype. but that game certainly did.

DJ Hotlunch said...

I'll give you the World Cup, but they need to find a way to play the WC in the US every 4 years so we don't have to stay up til 4 AM to watch the US get destroyed by Napal.

Anonymous said...

Is that a real person? Linds...so your saying if i got that on a t'shirt...you wouldn't hang out with me as i wear it? Where is the love! That is a pretty gross Picture Brad...where on earth did you find that! See ya's tonight...Conners excited...just got back from his school where Parker took a cupcake and smashed it into the desk :o) It was pretty sweet.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that picture is disgusting! Let's take it off...we're tired of looking at it!
-LAC-

DJ Hotlunch said...

Woman! Quit the talky talky, and fix me a SAMMICH!