Monday, April 21, 2008

Executioner, got Sissy-Punched!




OK so Brian posted his 6 things and called me out, so given that it has been like a month since I last posted and I have nothing to talk about, I will attempt to see his challange.
-Moving is both exciting and agonizing at the same time. We closed on the sale of our condo(m) Friday knight and we started packing last knight. While it is exciting to think about where all of our stuff will be in the new house (by the way if you didn't know we are building a new house in Maineville and moving in with Tim & Gayle til October) it still blows to think of how much crap we are going to have to pack up.
-ImminentDomain is Crap!!! As you may know I have been working in Springfield alot lately and when I was up there last Thursday and Friday, the city has bought up 16 square blocks of houses for "revitalization" of the city. I know that they need a new hospital (not the one we're building, this one is 150-250 mil), but there has got to be a better way to go about getting the land. Basically these people are getting 50 cents on the dollar for their houses, because they appraised them as commercial land with a structure to tear down... not residential housing! I know alot of them are eyesores or whatever, but that is all these people could afford and now they are basically out on the streets until they find something a fraction of the size they had been accustomed to living in.
-I must be the most naive Cincinnati sports fan to think every year that each team has a chance to compete, but I really did think the Reds were gonna contend this year. Yesterday was classic Reds in that they got outplayed, only to get saved by the 3rd home run of Paul bako's career in the 10th. That wasn't a win, that was dumb luck, in MLB you are going to luck into some wins each year and that was all yesterday was, a lucky win.
-I have a nice sized office in our new building at work, and I think it's time to add my personal touch to it. When we moved in they said we could do whatever we wanted with the space and were to treat it as our own. I'm planning on hanging my Bengals inaugural game framed photo & ticket, above my desk, but other than that I'm not so sure. I really don't want to be diploma guy, like many others in our office. I guess my wife deserves a spot on my shelves for her picture, but then what do I do with the picture of my girlfrined? That may confuse some floks.
-Piggybacking off of Ian's post about buying a lawnmower to cut his grass, a lawnmower says alot about a person. Self-powered mower (like Ian's) says you are a hippie (sorry Ian, Brian's right) concerned with how your calves look. Self propelled walk behind (most common) mowers, say hey here's a normal guy just trying to get the job done quickly so he can get back to his beer. Non-propelled push mower says I am a health nut and enjoy the pain and agony of running behind my mower as I push it through the 1 foot high grass, "I'M A BEAST!!!" Finally the riding lawnmower says, I am a lazy bastard, especially if your yard is less than a half acre (sorry Dad (who doesn't read my blog)). Although this does offer the operator a chance to both work and drink beer at the same time. It is the yardwork equivalent of playing softball, ie playing sports while drinking at the same time.
-I hate hand lotion, my hands look awful, cracks everywhere, they bleed in the winter, Ashy Larry's got nothin on my hands! I was once told by Craig Brink (that's right I just dropped a Craig Brink reference) that I had working man's hands and I took that as a compliment. I like having rough hands, I like shaking hands with a guy who also had rough hands. If I shake your hand and you don't have rough hands or don't cause me physical pain by squeezing mine, then you do not have my respect as a human!

There you go, my six random thoughts. I would call out someone else, but you called out everyone else I know.

19 comments:

B-Call said...

you should hang up your Ron Dugans jersey in your office.
that, or make a manwall with nothing but pictures of hot dudes all over it.
i raided our donation stash the other month at work and found a poster of Brad Pitt in "A River Runs Through It". it will be hanging above my desk shortly. just above Jam Master J.

Anonymous said...

You will be right down the street from us....we are looking in mainville too....that where my God parents Pete and Brenda live now :o)

Anonymous said...

We are deffently not moving any time soon though...I'm done moving for atleast another year though....

DJ Hotlunch said...

Brian don't dis Ron Dugans, he is the Bengals' best special teams player of all time.

Jeri come on up to Maineville, you will find me passed out in a Prime Rib sandwich on Friday knights at Putter's!

Anonymous said...

Time to get rid of "Candy Stealer" icon!
-LAC-

DJ Hotlunch said...

SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with your wife--change it to balls-on-chin man!

Simon said...

yeah for real, I think you need to change your jersey back to Ron Dugans, at least he ain't a punk ass cry-baby like your boy Chad! I will continue to say this as I always have...TJ is the better receiver!!!

DJ Hotlunch said...

Woman is this picture better?

Anonymous said...

Just a reminder Conner has his first Game this Friday night....if you want to go let Ryan know...I will actually miss it because i will be out of town.... I told Conner I would tell you about it...here is me telling you about it...

Nickolini said...

What is that picture, Brad?

DJ Hotlunch said...

that's one sexy cowboy!

B-Call said...

i think if my mom missed my first t-ball game, i'd run away, hit the streets, start selling my body and maybe pick up a nice, shiny coke habit.

DJ Hotlunch said...

But you know grandma and grandpa Laugel would have been there, atleast they loved us!

Anonymous said...

Hey now, I've had this trip planed before we had his schedule...i can't help it. Stuff is already paid for.

B-Call said...

$$$ > kid.
now i get it.

DJ Hotlunch said...

I always wanted my blog to be "likeable"

Anonymous said...

Dude! I'm not a bad mom if i miss 1 game out of 15 games...i'm going to woman of Faith :o)

B-Call said...

you mean,
"Women of Faith Who Ditch Out on Their Kids"