Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend...yawn


Haha Shinnecock!


I am 100% certain that the weekend before a long weekend is the most boring weekend you can have, and this past one was no exception. The anticipation of next weekend began last Friday! I played maybe the worst round of golf ever yesterday. I didn't have an awful score (92), but I was just all over the place. Maybe the worst part is that I shot a 92 and made atleast 5 ten foot putts. I think it is just that I remember being so much better at golf than I am now, that sucks! Someone asked me how you get good at golf, and my answer was, "You have to practice more than you play, (duh) but you stil have to play alot." When I was "good" at golf (high 70's to low 80's) I was playing 3 rounds of golf a week and practicing a good 8-10 hours a week. Life is different now, I don't have 20 to 30 hours a week to dedicate to golf. Now I hit the range once in April to make sure I can still hit a ball and play 8-10 rounds in the following 6 months. That's it.

The reason for that rant is that I found out Friday that I won a radio contest! A contest that is frickin sweet, but would have been much more appreciated 9 years ago. I know that I'm the only one who likes Mo Egger, but I won a round of golf with Mo at TPC at Riversbend. Not just any round, they are entering both of us in this Nature's Valley tournament that looks pretty sweet. They are advertising it as "Play like the pro's play" where you play inside the ropes and with galleries of people and all! I guess my first goal will be to not embarass myself, and my second will be to enjoy a course that I have been trying to get on for 8 years! That will be the hard part as it has been a while since I have enjoyed myself on the links. So anyway this tournament is July 7th, so if you have nothing better to do, come out and help me find my Titleist!

4 comments:

B-Call said...

i'm only coming if they give me a helmet with a facemask.
somebody's getting hit in the face.
you should top your first drive and chuck your driver.

HAVE FUN!!!

Simon said...

yeah, I'll be sure to stand behind the golfers at all times...

Darren said...

I'll come if they let me have that golf cart you get at the ranges.

B-Call said...

you need to start calling Mo's show now and start talking junk on the air.